Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sister Art Dolls

 
My sister and I had an Art Day today and wound up making some cute little hanging Art Dolls (that look like us)! It was so much fun and they turned out awesome. We already are planning on making more :)

The base of the dolls are made out of basic cotton fabric which we stitched up, and then stuffed. Then we attached some cute baker's twine to hang them by and went to town with the painting! The only other step I added was that I wanted some dangling feet, so i sculpted them out of paperclay, let them air dry, then painted and attached them to the doll at the end.
 
     
Alyssa's doll is holding a polka-dotted "A" and has a cute aqua colored dress with swirls! My doll is holding Spanky (my cat), and has a purple dotted dress. :)

 

 We thought it would be fun to take a picture with our dolls next to our preliminary sketches. They both turned out very similar i think!
 

 

Thanks for looking! I hope our dolls inspired you to try making some for yourself! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute. Made me want to sit right down and try it. Aunt Phyllis

    ReplyDelete