Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Owl & the Pussycat

A few weeks ago I sold this little piggy pin cushion and I wanted to share a sweet story about it. 


The person who purchased it told me that she was using it in her upcoming wedding. They were having an "Owl & the Pussycat" themed wedding, and this pig was going to be the ring pillow (and have the rings on his nose). 

I (being the non-reader that I am) had never heard of The Owl & The Pussycat, so I thought I'd look it up. It's a sweet little poem written by Edward Lear, and if you havn't read it then you really should!

It's a really sweet story about an owl and a kitty who fall in love and go off on an adventure to be married. They meet a pig on their journey who has rings on his nose which they purchase for their wedding bands. Anyways, I just thought it was a really cute story & it's cool that someone could use one of my creations in such a fun & memorable way. 

So tonight I was just doing some sketching and came up with the idea to do a little illustration of The Owl & the Pussycat. & here's how it turned out...

Thanks for looking! Hope you are having a fun week.

No comments:

Post a Comment