Thursday, April 23, 2015

Gonzo the Great


I recently discovered an awesome Instagram account called @SculptMonthly. They choose a theme each month and challenge all of their followers to sculpt something new based on that theme. The #AprilSculpt challenge was Superhero Bust, and I instantly knew that I wanted to join in on the fun!

I didn't want to choose a normal hero like Iron Man, so I started brainstorming, and my first thoughts were characters like Strawhat Luffy, Goku, Super Grover, and the one I decided to go with: Gonzo the Great.

I love the muppets and even have a bit of a puppet collecting addiction, so it was a perfect fit for me to make a Gonzo sculpture. This piece is not going be be for sale (since it is fan art), and also because I want to keep him for myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment