Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Swap time Again :)

Some of you may remember that my mom, sister, and I love doing swaps with each other. We started in 2011 with our very first Halloween Swap. The basic idea behind it is that we each make a gift for each other and we also try to buy a couple fun little gifts as well. Pretty much the only rule is that the items have to go with a special theme and they all have to be done and ready to swap on the same day.

Right now we are in the process of working on our very first Easter swap which is quite exciting! We will be swapping on Easter Day (March 31st) so I will post pictures of what I made after we swap them. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------  
For now, I thought you might enjoy seeing what I have made for our Halloween Swaps the past 2 years:

2011
For 2011, I made Halloween sculptures based on my mom & sister's pets.
 
My mom has a black lab named Ace, so I made her a "Dracula Ace" sculpture. He has a red cape, fangs, and is standing on a pumpkin. His eyes are glass.

My sister has a grey tabby cat named Bella, so I made her a "Ballerina Bella" sculpture. Complete with a glittery star wand, crown, and poofy tutu. She stands on a vintage metal jello mold. Her eyes are also glass.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012
Last year (2012) I made my mom a "Bride of Frankenstein" with really tall needle felted hair. She has a black eye mask, a polka dotted dress, and is carrying a needle felted pumpkin candy bowl.

For my sister in 2012, I made her a silver elephant dressed up as Super Girl. She loves my elephants and super girl stuff, so I thought it would be a fun idea to mix the two ideas.

Thanks for looking! :) I can't wait to show you what I made for this year's swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment