Friday, March 6, 2015

A Special Cake Topper


I don't usually make custom sculptures for people, but since my sister is getting married next weekend I wanted to make a cake topper for her :) She decided on a skeleton design with her fun black and gold party dress as inspiration. I showed it to her today and she loved it -- and I thought it would be fun to show you guys some in-process pictures as well as some of the finished piece.


You may remember the wire armature I posted a picture of a few posts back, well that was the structure for the piece, and I covered it with my favorite clay -- Super Sculpey. Once it was totally finished I baked it to harden the clay, then i started painting it!

After painting, I sealed the piece, antiqued it, added the gold details on the dress, sealed it again, and added lots of gold glitter to the top of the base.

Here's the finished piece!

Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment