Monday, February 18, 2019

A Good Adobe Illustrator Alternaive: Affinity Designer


Super excited to have finally found a serious alternative to Adobe Illustrator (it's called Affinity Designer). I had previously lost all motivation for making new illustrations when Adobe made it so my old version of illustrator would no longer work (forcing me to pay their $20 monthly fee til the end of time for their newest version).

So I had tried making illustrations in Photoshop but it's such a drag, but thankfully yesterday I did some searching for alternatives and found Affinity Designer. It isn't perfect but so far it works great for my basic illustration needs. I'm testing it out with their free trial right now, but it's only a one-time $50 cost to own that program for good so it is such a relief to find something much more sensible to use.

Have you tried Affinity Designer? What were your thoughts?

The unicorn above was my first test that I did with the program. I did the basic coloring in Affinity, and the linework / details in photoshop with a wacom tablet, cuz I didn't love the drawing features in affinity. Still was easy and fun & I'm excited to try some more designs.

P.S. If you love this unicorn I made it available in my illustration shops here: Redbubble | Casetify | Society6

No comments:

Post a Comment