Monday, November 10, 2014

New Happenings at Pig & Pumpkin Co.

Hi guys! I havn't been blogging much lately, but that's because I've been busy working away on fun new artsy projects! I've actually started using a new material and it has changed everything for me (in a good way)! 



The material I've been using lately is Super Sculpey -- it's a polymer clay. So this clay is baked in an oven to harden it -- instead of being an air-dry clay like Paperclay which is what I'm used to using. (Which saves me lots of time waiting for things to dry!)


It's a really fun clay to use and suprisingly, I havn't been wanting to go back to using Paperclay at all. (Which makes me kind of feel like a traitor to Paperclay, but I know it's for the best). 

I have been really inspired lately because of this fun new material, and I am very excited about how my first group of Super Sculpey of designs turned out!

All of the sculptures above are now available in my Etsy Shop! :)


If you've been following along with me on Instagram, you may have seen a couple of these fun behind-the-scenes pictures. The one above shows how I've re-arranged my workspace to suit my needs for working with polymer clay. 

Here is what the clay looks like when I'm sculpting! Since it doesn't air-dry I can leave it out and continue working where I left off without any worries.


Here are how the charms turned out after sculpting.

And here is the bunny and bear in their cars (before glazing and attaching the wheels).

Thanks so much for looking! I have a feeling I'll be having more fun sculptures to show you very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment