Monday, February 23, 2015

Springtime Dachshund Figurine

 

Today I finished the fun springtime dachshund sculpture that I've been working on and it is now available in my shop! Isn't he sweet? He even has a little friend -- a red bird- sitting on his nose. 

It's nice working on something with a warm, spring vibe to it since it has been pretty cold & snowy here the past couple weeks.

The subject of Dachshunds is one that I love going back to. They are one of my all-time favorite dog breeds & I love how cute and unique they are with their long bodies! Red cardinal birds are also special to me because they always remind me of my great grandma. She loved cardinals & the color red, so this sculpture gives me lots of joyful, happy thoughts (and I hope it does for you as well).


What's your favorite kind of dog? Besides dachshunds I really love pugs and corgis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment